Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hunter by Jacquelyn Frank, Jax (Pseudonym)

This can’t be happening to her. A random break down…an isolated mountain road, a seemingly chance meeting with a hotter-than-hot stranger. Tatyana is a modern gal who can handle any crisis, but before she knows what’s hit her, she’s sensing a hideous threat, not to her but to this man who draws her like a moth to flame. Hunter.

“I know things…I saw it.”

When the attack comes, she is his protection from a diabolical enemy, even as he initiates her into a startling world of magic, sorcery and sensuality. For in a moment of terrifying danger a spark has been struck, and neither can escape the erotic fire to come…






4/5 stars

I really liked this book, but it really confused me. I liked the world it took place in and the people were interesting. I love reading this genre of books and usually read about vampires and shifters so reading about witches and warlocks was a nice change of pace for me. My only complaint was that this book read like it was the second in a series. So much so that I put the book down and started looking around on the author's website and on other book related websites to make sure I hadn't missed the first book. I found no other book so I picked this one up again and continued reading. Super happy I did because the father into the book I got the more I liked it.

The whole good vs evil, brother vs brother and nature vs nurture was played out to perfection. I really liked Hunter and Ryce and thought their friendship helped move this story along. Hunter's internal fight to make sure he didn't turn into a monster like his brother was something I would've liked to see more of. Tatyana was a good fit for Hunter and brought a level of playfulness that he desperately needed after his self-imposed exile from his family.

I hope this turns into a series because I'd really like to get a better understanding of the other witches like Gracelynn and Lennox and especially Ryce. Plus they have all those fledgling witches hanging around. Maybe even a prequel telling Dimitre and Annali's story. 

No comments: