Thursday, April 11, 2013

Own the Wind (Chaos #1) by Kristen Ashley

Too hot to handle...

Tabitha Allen grew up in the thick of Chaos--the Chaos Motorcycle Club, that is. Her father is Chaos' leader, and the club has always had her back. But one rider was different from the start. When Tabby was running wild, Shy Cage was there. When tragedy tore her life apart, he helped her piece it back together. And now, Tabby's thinking about much more than friendship...

Tabby is everything Shy's ever wanted, but everything he thinks he can't have. She's beautiful, smart, and as his friend's daughter, untouchable. Shy never expected more than friendship, so when Tabby indicates she wants more--much more--he feels like the luckiest man alive. But even lucky men can crash and burn...




5/5 stars

 
Man, Kristen Ashley knows how to write a book. I've been waiting to read this since I read Motorcycle Man and was beyond thrilled to get an ARC. Shy is Tack 2.0 in that he acts just like him, which means he's a total badass and he's just smokin hot. And Tabby....where to begin? When I first meet her (in MM) I didn't really like her because she just acted like a brat, but the more I read about her the more I started to see that that was mainly her mother's influence and her immaturity. So, having her grow up and actually reading about it I began to really like her. That poor girl goes through some terrible stuff and thankfully Shy was there to help her pull through it all to become a stronger person. Of course it wasn't an easy road, but Shy was man enough to get her to the other side of it all. That being said, this book had me laughing, smiling, getting mad and even brought a few tears for both Tabby's loss and Shy's grief. This book was just a kick-ass start to a series that is definitely going to be a favorite for me. And it's always cool to see peeks from characters from Ms. Ashley's Rock Chick and Dream Man series, both of which are in my top 10 favorite series. I tell anyone who will listen to me that they need to read this author and recommend her every chance I get. It will be a long couple months til the second book comes out, but thankfully I can always reread my other KA books. So, in short....READ THIS BOOK!

No comments: