Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Full Blooded (Jessica McClain #1) by Amanda Carlson

Born the only female in an all male race, Jessica McClain isn’t just different—she’s feared.

After living under the radar for the last twenty-six years, Jessica is thrust unexpectedly into her first change, a full ten years late. She wakes up and finds she’s in the middle of a storm. Now that she’s become the only female full-blooded werewolf in town, the supernatural world is already clamoring to take a bite out of her and her new Pack must rise up and protect her.









5/5 stars 


I really didn't know what to expect when I received my ARC of this book even though it had a description of the book it wasn't a very detailed one. I was really surprised how much I liked this book. It starts with a pretty intense change from human to wolf that gripped me and didn't let go until the final page of the book. The main character, Jessica, was a woman that actually grew stronger as she learns to adjust to becoming the first female werewolf in the world. She started as an unsure girl, as anyone would be in such a situation, and doesn't hide the fact that she has no idea what's going on inside her. The secondary characters were well written and were interesting enough that I have hopes of either more to their stories written into the next couple books or even a spin-off series. I would really like to see James get his own book or a novella, because outside of Jessica and Rourke he was the one that NEEDS his story told. I'm looking forward to reading the next book to see how Jessica plans on helping Rourke. And with the sexual tension that started in this book between those two, the next book must be explosive. Definitely recommend this book to anyone that enjoys the paranormal genre.

No comments: