Monday, February 13, 2012

Kiss of the Vampire by Cynthia Garner

3/5 stars

Well, this book kinda confused me. I really liked the concept of it, but it didn't really explain enough of the back story for me. I mean it says that these creatures or entities came through a rift from a different dimension to become vampires, werewolves or demons by hijacking a body. Okay, I get that part but how do they come through? It just said a rift...so is it like their soul and they just jump into the first body they find or do they get to shop around for a host or what? Like I stated earlier I liked the concept I just wanted it explained a bit more.

Now, about the characters. I got really tired of hearing about Nix doing tai chi. I think it was mentioned on every page. I get why she did it, I just don't need to hear about it consistently. Other then that I really liked her and her issue of an old lover popping up, her job being on the line and dealing with her mother made the story move right along. Tobias was very by-the-book to start with and tried staying professional but since he's still in love with Nix he ends up bending the rules to solve the case. Nix and Tobias have a history together and that brought sexual tension into the relationship, but it didn't seem as if their earlier problems were resolved before they decided to try again. One minute they're at odds with each other then everything is "honey" this and "honey" that.

I'll try the next book in the series because I really liked Dante and really want him to have a HEA.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shop Cheap Human Hair Wigs, Cheap Lace Front Wigs, Human Hair Weave, Lace Closure Frontal With Affordable Price From Senior Virgin Hair! Best Brazilian Hair For Sale! Professional Hair Vendor, Professional Service & Low Wholesale Price. Brazilian Body Wave Hair 3 Bundles