Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Firelight by Kristen Callihan

4/5 stars

I wasn't sure what I was expecting when I started this book, but I am so happy I read it. It was a fresh approach to the paranormal genre. It kept me guessing through the whole book and drove me a little crazy cause I wanted more clues about what was under the mask! Every time I thought I had it figured out some little clue would change my mind.

Miranda Ellis is afflicted with the gift of fire, though it's an unstable gift that caused the downfall of her family's fortune. Forced to marry a man she knows only by the rumors that are spread throughout London, she's not sure what to think of the masked man. Lord Benjamin Archer on the other hand is very taken by Miranda and has been for a number of years. The two must learn to live together and soon find friendship is easy, it's the other emotions that are hard to deal with. Add in a secret cult, the murders of old friends and one mysterious woman and this book is a great start to a new series that I can't wait to read more of.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Shop Cheap Human Hair Wigs, Cheap Lace Front Wigs, Human Hair Weave, Lace Closure Frontal With Affordable Price From Senior Virgin Hair! Best Brazilian Hair For Sale! Professional Hair Vendor, Professional Service & Low Wholesale Price. Brazilian Hair