Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Bridegroom Wore Plaid (MacGregor Trilogy, #1) by Grace Burrowes

In an effort to preserve the family estate, Ian MacGregor, the Earl of Balfour, must marry for money. When a promising match emerges in the form of Genie Daniels, a rich English heiress, Ian begins devising a strategy to woo her. When he meets Genie's poor cousin Augusta, he discovers a new avenue to Genie's heart. But after spending time with Augusta and falling for her charms, Ian begins to question whether or not he's willing to forfeit his heart to save the family name...










3.5/5 stars

A pretty good start to a new series featuring a clan of Highlander brothers and their lady loves. Ian, as head of the Clan MacGregor, feels as if he must marry a wealthy English lady to keep his family from going completely broke. Enter Genie Daniels, a rich English lady who's father is looking to buy a title in exchange for a rather large dowry. It seems to be the perfect solution to both their problems, of course if that were so we wouldn't have this little gem of a book. Instead we have a bride-to-be who doesn't want to marry Ian, a groom who falls in love with the wrong woman, two brothers who are also falling for the wrong women, a sister who doesn't care for the guest she should be playing hostess to, a small child who likes to get into everything, an uncle who is a nasty piece of work and a missing brother. Yeah, this is definitely worth a read. It was a fast and fun read that reminded me why I love this genre.

This was the first book of Ms. Burrowes that I have read and I can't wait to read more. I've actually had a couple of her books in my TBR pile for awhile now and now that I've read this I think I'll dig them out and start reading them this week. 

No comments: