Monday, December 24, 2012

My Lord Immortality (Immortal Rogues #3) by Alexandra Ivy

In this mesmerizing tale from the author of the "Guardians of Eternity" series, a traitorous vampire is determined to destroy the Veil that has long separated vampires from human blood--and the passions it ignites. Only the Immortal Rogues, three vampires charged to protect their kind, can hope to stop his deadly rampage. . . Amelia Hadwell has no time for London's nightlife. Not when her beloved brother's odd ways have their family threatening to institutionalize him. And not when she is questioning her own sanity after being confronted by a murderous shadow creature--then being saved by a captivating stranger, a man who belongs to a world she cannot imagine.

Reserved and scholarly, Sebastian St. Ives has been content without human desires--until they are reawakened by the delicate, brave Amelia, whom he is meant to protect. For the young woman has no idea she possesses the key to a ravenous vampire's dark victory. Now Sebastian must shield her from both a killer and his own growing attraction--or bond with her completely, and forever. . .


3/5 stars


I just finished this series. I thought it best to read them all together so that I could give a better review. While I love Ms. Ivy's series, Guardians of Eternity, I wasn't too fond of this one. It is kind of a prequel to the GoE series since it features Nefri and the medallions that are important to keeping the Veil safe. I guess my review is really of all three of the books since really there wasn't much difference between them. The first two even had the villains using the same ploy to introduce them to a woman, the villain's helpers "attacking" a) the main character and b) the maid of the main character. And don't even get me started on the number of times the word "maiden" was used, ugh! At one point the word was used in reference to prostitutes. I must admit that this was the best book of the three, but it was still just an okay book. Another thing that was odd was there was no sex in any of the books just kissing and in one book just a reference to it (they were laying in bed after the act). While not every book needs sex I just kind of think that with vampires I automatically think sex. It also might have made the books a little more interesting. I guess I would recommend this series if you are a fan of Ms. Ivy's or would like a fast and light read.

No comments: