Thursday, December 27, 2012

All For You (The Nephilim, #1) by Dana Marie Bell

He will keep her safe, no matter what it takes.

Someone—or something—is stalking Abby Marcheson. Luckily, she as her brother’s hunky friend Seth to keep her safe. Abby falls easily into her protected life, with Seth constantly by her side, and when he asks her out on a date, she’s eager to accept.

But Seth is much more than he seems. A Nephilim, a son of Angels with wings of his own, Seth is bound to spend his life hunting the Shemyaza, evil descendants of Angels. He’s kept his wings hidden from Abby in order not to frighten her, but as her stalker becomes bolder, Seth begins to suspect that a Shem has Abby in its sights…

As their flirtation escalates into full-blown passion, Seth is torn. Should he reveal his true nature to the beautiful, trusting Abby? Will she accept him, wings and all, or will Abby flee her guardian angel and fall prey to the sinister force that wishes her harm?

Warning: This book contains explicit sex and graphic language.


3.5 stars 

I liked this book just not as much as I wanted to.  The blurb sounded like something that I would love to read, I mean hot angels protecting us mere mortals from evil demons.....yeah, sign me up.  What I got was confused.  There were something like 23 characters introduced within the first 3 chapters or close to it and not all of them even showed up in the book as anything other then a name and an explanation of who they were.  There was also an information dump in those same first 3 chapters.  A lot of explanation in a short amount of time that I had to reread once or twice.  There was also some weird dialogue between the characters that seemed to come out of nowhere.  One small detail that had me going back to check was that Abby's friend Kaley was introduced as an actress then at the end of the book became the country -hopping archaeologist.  All that being said, I will be reading the next book because I'm interested in seeing where this series goes and I'm a fan of Ms. Bell's other books.  It's definitely an interesting world that has been introduced and the few Nephilim that we met are begging to have their stories told.  All I can say is read it and make your own decision on what appears to be the start of a pretty good series.

No comments: