Friday, March 23, 2012

Errors and Omissions by Lee James

2.5/5 stars


This was more like 2.5 stars. I liked the storyline of the book, but I didn't care for the characters- any of the characters. Kirk is a man who was married but is in the midst of a divorce when he gets hired for a simple job of finding a supposed dead rock star. The attraction he feels for the dead guy's brother, who also is a rock star, is returned even though Austin is married too. While working the case we are introduced to Stan, a detective, who ends up in a relationship with Kirk. Stan and Kirk confess their love for each other and even move in together after one date. What?! Kirk and Austin are still flirting with each other while trying to find Austin's brother and fighting off a killer. Which brings me to John, the killer, in the book description he is said to be the "coldest killer since Hannibal Lecter" but Kirk and Austin both get attacked at different times by him and he runs off. And don't even get me started on Austin and his horrible accent. I found myself cringing any time he came onto the page and opened his mouth. And while he is in mourning he is playing poker and looking at other men. I realize there is nothing wrong with doing those two things, but after only a few days or weeks of "the love of my life" dying, the last thing I would be doing is flirting and playing around.

I do give Mr. James credit though cause he did what I can't and that's to write a book. This is just my opinion of the book and you can take it or leave it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it seems that you and I read two different books. Your take on Errors and Omissions is so far off base...did you actually read it, or do you need to enroll in a remedial reading class?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. It appears that you and I read two different novels. Your "Take" on Errors and Omissions is completely off-base, suggesting to me that either you skimread it and didn't consider what the author was showing you, or you need to enroll in a remedial reading class. You have a disability? So do I. Maybe you should try audio books.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...it seems that you and I read two different books. Your take on Errors and Omissions is so far off base...did you actually read it, or do you need to enroll in a remedial reading class?