Monday, December 12, 2011

Worth by Adrienne Wilder

3/5 stars

This book was really hard for me rate. I liked the concept of the story and the world it set in, but it was hard to read. By that I mean some of the scenes were pretty brutal and had me cringing as I read them (one almost had me quit reading the book) and even though there was a glossary of terms at the start of the book, there were times I was utterly confused. I realize now after reading the book that there are other books set in this world (City of Dragons and Darwin's Theory) though not in this series. Maybe if I had read these I'd understand more about the difference between half-breeds and lesser-breeds or being kept as opposed to belonging or being a Link. That being said I guess I would recommend this book to people who have read other books set in the Grey Zone, but I wouldn't have them start with this series as I think they would be missing out on the world-building.

No comments: