Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cop Out by K.C. Burns

4/5 stars

I really liked this story about a man, a cop, coming to terms with his attraction to another man, who happens to be his dead partner's lover. I thought it started out really well with Kurt just trying to help Davy through his grieving and becoming friends along the way even though the more he learns about Ben (the dead partner) the less he likes the man. I felt the more I read, the more I could see the love growing between them first as friends then as something more. Reading about Kurt falling to pieces after he comes to terms with his feelings was pretty heart-wrenching, but seeing Davy come back to life (for lack of a better phrase) ended up being worth it. I'm glad they had a HEA considering for a few chapters I wasn't sure it would or even could happen. This was the first book by K.C. Burns, but I'm sure it won't be the last. I'm hoping there will be a sequel centering on Ian (Kurt's brother) or even on Ivan (a vice cop) since they both need a little happiness in their lives.

No comments: