Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Trick of Time by J.L. Merrow

A lover from another time

When Ted Ennis steps out the doors of the Criterion Theatre for a cigarette and finds himself in Victorian London, he begins to doubt his sanity. At first he thinks it's all a film set, and is sure that the strikingly handsome young man leaning against a lamppost must be the leading man…

What starts as a sordid transaction with a beautiful rent boy quickly turns into something much deeper, drawing him back again and again as he gets to know Jem and craves meaningful encounters with him.

But Ted doesn't understand the exact conditions necessary for his trips through time—and for Jem, time may actually be running out. Now Ted has one last shot to get back to Jem and save their relationship, before it's too late…



3.5/5 stars

Like every book by J.L. Merrow that I've read, I wish this book would've been longer. I loved the parts where Ted went back in time and would've loved to had more of those. I felt as if we could've seen more of their relationship if those scenes had been expanded on. I also would've liked a little more on Jemmy and his thoughts about modern London. I really liked both characters and would love to see more of them either in a sequel or even a glimpse of them in a different book. I just hate the thought of Ted and Jem disappearing into London never to be heard from again. I recommend to people wanting a light fast romance between two men that deserve a happy life together. 

No comments: