Saturday, February 23, 2013

Wait Until Dark (Night Stalkers #3) by M.L. Buchman

Name: Big John Wallace
Rank: Staff Sergeant, Chief Mechanic and Gunner
Mission: To serve and protect his crew and country.

Name: Connie Davis
Rank: Sergeant, Flight Engineer, Mechanical Wizard
Mission: To be the best...and survive.

Two Crack Mechanics, One Impossible Mission

Being in The Night Stalkers is Connie Davis's way of facing her demons head-on, but mountain-strong John Wallace is a threat on all fronts. Their passion is explosive, but their conflicts are insurmountable. When duty calls them to a mission no one else could survive, they'll fly into the night together—ready or not.



3.5/5 stars

I just read the entire series to be able to accurately review this book.  I found that while I enjoyed reading a military romance about a division that never gets written about I found my eyes glazing over quite a few times when it started using acronyms (I kept forgetting what they stood for) and when describing the helicopters (I've never actually seen a military grade helicopter so couldn't really picture what they were talking about).  I've liked the character of Big Bad John from the beginning and was glad he was going to have a nice romance,  but I'm not sure how much I liked Connie.  She had absolutely no personality until the last chapter.  From John's POV we read that she was funny and loving but we were never shown that part of her.  My favorite part of the book was when they visited his family.  I must say that even though I didn't get into the military aspect of this series I did recommend it to a friend of mine who is a Security Medical Evacuation/ Air Medical Supervisor working in Saudi Arabia.  I though he'd get a kick out of them.  I'll still probably read the next book just because I'd like to see Crazy Tim get tamed.

No comments: