Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Ruby Kiss by Helen Scott Taylor

2.5 out of 5 stars

First off, I didn't realize this as part of a series. So, that being said it just jumped right into the story with very little back story. It wasn't too hard to figure it all out and there were only a couple times I was left scratching my head (what the heck is a pisky?). It seems like a really cool world to read about, but I guess I'm going to have to read the first two books to understand it a little better.

I'm not sure how I feel about the two MCs. Nightshade at times seemed a little child-like then other times he was quite the alpha male. He did have some interesting friends and family though. Ruby was a little annoying. She never really put up a fight about being kidnapped and forced into certain situations. She just went with the flow, said a few smart remarks and that was it. The bonding really threw me since it's suppose to be sacred, but Ruby was bonding with everybody. I guess it all worked out in the end so that's okay.

No comments: