Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Under the Skin by Niki Bennett & Ariel Tachna

4 out of 5 stars

Sexy dangerous tattooed mobster. Check. Cop conflicted by his feelings for the mobster and his duty to do his job. Check. Smokin' hot sex between the two. Check. The writing team of Bennett and Tachna have hit another one out of the park with this one. The world they have set this book in is both believable and terrifying. There was a lot more sex then plot in the beginning, but I think it did a good job of siting up the relationship between the two MCs. I kept trying to figure out what I would do and the lengths I'd go through in Patrick's situation and came to the realization that if I had the chance of all-consuming love like he did, I'd gladly follow in his footsteps. I loved the way the story ended and my only complaint was we didn't get to see more of the life they ended up getting to live.

1 comment:

Ariel Tachna said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed it. Nicki and I debated how much to write at the end, but you never know when we might get the urge to write a bit of free fiction with the boys.