Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A Vampire for Christmas

4 stars out of 5

I got an ARC from netGalley to review.

I loved two out of the four stories in this book and really wished both would have been longer. I generally stay away from anthologies because I tend to not like most of the stories and think it's a waste of money. I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

Enchanted by Blood by Laurie London was my favorite. It's part of the Sweetblood series and featured Trace and Charlotte. They reconnect over the holiday season and try to find happiness in their time together.

All I Want for Christmas by Alexis Morgan was also really good. I would've loved to learn more about the secondary characters. In this story was Della, a diner owner and Eagan, an undercover cop trying to bust a ring of vampires.

When Herald Angels Sing by Caridad Pineiro was a take on A Christmas Carol. Damien sees visions of the past and present brought to him by Angelina and together they have to change his future.

Monsters Don't Do Christmas by Michele Hauf was my least favorite. I didn't like Daniel and thought Olivia, a famous singer, came off as a little to immature. Just didn't "feel" it

No comments: