Monday, August 12, 2013

20 Year High School Reunion



                                                               Class of 1993

Well, this past Saturday I attended my high school reunion. 20 years....where has the time gone? It seems as if only yesterday I had stars in my eyes as I walked across that stage to be handed my diploma. It seems I had such great plans to knock the world off its ass, but real life caught up to me and it seemed no matter what I did I kept making the wrong choices. I quit college thinking I'd go back the next semester and never quite got back into the swing of academia. So, I entered the work force (working my butt off for very little money) and deciding that I would be better off living on my own. Big mistake. But of course through the years I've also made some wise choices, traveled the country and made some incredible friends none of which I wouldn't have been able to do without the support of people I meet in high school. And when I had my accident 11 years ago I realized I still a great number of friends from school who stuck by me through the worse of it.

My point to all this babbling is that it was nice to reconnect with old friends I hadn't seen since that last day of walking the halls of Floyd Central and it was great to see where everyone ended up in life so far. I can't wait to see where we'll be in another 5, 10 or even 20 years from now. Some of my best memories where with these people and I hope we can make many more.

No comments: