Thursday, August 2, 2012

Secret of the Wolf (Warriors of the Rift #2) by Cynthia Garner


Once a generation, the rift between the paranormal world and the human world opens, allowing supernatural entities to cross. Vampire, demon, or shapeshifter, they can save the world-or send it spiraling into chaos.

As a werewolf liaison to the Council of Preternaturals, Tori Joseph is used to straddling the world between humans and immortals. She plays by the rules and always delivers justice, no matter the cost. But after a string of increasingly brutal attacks results in humans turning into werewolves, Tori doesn't reveal her horrifying suspicion: Someone very close to her might be responsible.

Investigating the paranormal violence, no-nonsense detective Dante MacMillan believes Tori is hiding something. His search for the truth draws him into greater danger as he gets closer to the dark realm of the immortals-and to the sexy werewolf who stirs his primal lust. Now with evil closing in around them, Dante must convince Tori to trust him . . . before her deadly secret destroys them both.

4/5 stars
I was a little apprehensive about this book when I stared it because while I liked the first book in the series, Kiss of the Vampire, I was confused about the rift plot. I was hoping this book would explain the concept a little more, it did....and didn't. I like the characters that are in the series and find myself really wanting to know more about them. I'm still not sure how the soul picks it's form (werewolf, vampire, demon, elf ect. ect.).

Dante and Tori are a great couple. There was a real feel of sexual tension between the two that at times was kinda sweet. I mean who doesn't want a man that sacrifices his own feelings for yours? Thinking he doesn't have the time to give his complete attention to Tori because he's helping his sister he keeps her at arm's length only to realise that love doesn't go by a time table. Along with their budding romance they work together on the rift device and a case involving a rouge werewolf who might be closer then they expect.

I liked this book more then I thought I would and am looking forward to the next in the series which focuses on Finn, the demon. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a different take on the paranormal romance genre.

No comments: