Monday, November 25, 2013

Things that bug me in books....

 I'm sorry, but I've got to get this out. There have been a couple things that have come up recently in another blog post on a different website that I've been thinking about recently. It deals with the new trends in books nowadays. Hopefully you'll indulge me my opinion here.

#1. Billionaires. I don't get the obsession with them. Sure they're rich, but why would you want to deal with a man who has everything and buys everything he wants. I would rather have a down to earth man who's making a comfortable living and respects people for hard work. I'm sure it would be nice to just jump on a plane and fly to Paris or Hong Kong or wherever, but it would be nicer if you earned it. And it seems as if they're all into BDSM now.

#2. New Adult Genre. Every one of these books are pretty much the same thing. They're written in first person. They have an emotional/physically damaged girl. A bad boy who makes every thing better. Lots of clenching, throbbing, fluttering vaginas. And nothing is solved in one book; the author feels they must stretch the book out for multiple books, which brings me to....

#3. Episodes. Why must authors now write one book, but break it into 4, 5, or 6 episodes? If I buy a book I want to read a story from beginning to end. I absolutely hate to start a book and get to the end only to find out that it ends abruptly and I have to buy another book to find out how it actually ends. I hate paying for each episode and having to wait a month or more between each one. Honestly, most of the time I forget about them.

#4. Short petite woman. I have nothing against short petite woman personally, but it seems as if every book I've read in the past 6 months has the main female as under 5'5" and slim build matched up with big hulking 6' 2 and taller men. It could be the type of books I'm reading, but seriously? There are women out there taller then 5' 5" and weight more then 105 pounds. I'm guess most of my friends fall into the category of definitely weighing more then that and range in height up to around 5'11". Maybe I'm too picky, but when I read about a woman who is 5' 2" fitting perfectly with a man 6'5" all I do is laugh, because I honestly don't see it.

Keep in mind this is MY opinion and you are more then welcome to disagree.

No comments: