Saturday, September 14, 2013

Against the Ropes by Sarah Castille


 


He scared me. He thrilled me. And after one touch, all I could think about was getting more…

Makayla never thought she’d set foot in an underground mixed-martial arts club. But if anyone needs a medic on hand, it’s these guys. Trouble is, at her first sight of the club’s owner she’s the one feeling breathless.

All sleek muscle and restrained power, the man they call Torment plays to win at any cost. Whether it’s in the ring or in the bedroom, he knows exactly when to use a soft touch and when to launch a full-on assault. He always knows just how far he can push. And he’s about to tempt Makayla in ways she never imagined…

    
ebook
Published September 3rd 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
 
4.5/5 stars
 
After reading mixed reviews about this book I decided that I just needed to read it myself. What I decided was that I really liked it which is odd considering there are so many things about the book that I usually find unappealing. For instance, I tend to stay far away from New Adult genre (IMO they all have the same plot...two people who are broken by some tragic secret can only be saved by each other) I hate reading about millionaires/billionaires who are into BDSM and I really dislike moustache-twirling bad guys (here there was a couple...debt collector #2, dudes from Geek Club). But somehow I found myself sucked into this story. I liked Max and just really liked the way he dealt with Makayla. He wanted to protect her so bad that it came out almost controlling but he knew she wouldn't put up with it so he compromised with her....sorta. Makayla definitely had some spunk to her and at times I found her quite comical other times I wanted to shake the stupid out of her but overall I liked her. I'd love to read more about these guys at Redemption, though I'd love to get rid of some of the nicknames.

Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC.




No comments: