Monday, September 24, 2012

The Mephisto Kiss (The Mephisto Covenant #2) by Trinity Faegen

The eyes never lie. No one’s eyes are darker than Eryx. Not even the Devil’s.

When Jax and Sasha first see Jordan Ellis, they know she is no ordinary teenager. She’s the daughter of the President after all, but she’s also Anabo – a descendant of Eve.

What they don’t know is that Eryx plans to kidnap Jordan and force President Ellis to pledge his soul. If Eryx’s plot succeeds, the consequences would be catastrophic.

But the Mephisto brothers do know about Jordan’s secret identity. And for one of them, she could be the match that leads to their soul’s salvation.

Now it’s a desperate race against time to save Jordan and prevent Eryx’s haunting eyes from discovering her true identity.

A thrilling story of romance, danger, and intrigue, THE MEPHISTO KISS continues the marvelous mythology that began in THE MEPHISTO COVENANT.


3.5/5 stars

I was looking forward to reading this book since I enjoyed the first book in the series. While I don't generally read the YA genre I must admit to being intrigued with the premise of this series. Five sons of Hell, who have been 18 years old for the past thousand years, are fighting against the take-over of hell by their oldest brother all while keeping their eye open for their one true love. Sounds simple right? Yeah, not so much. Their Anabo, or true love, can turn them down or succumb to their oldest brothers ploy to keep them apart and they have to take out lost souls and transport them to Hell on Earth and protect the innocent. You get the idea. I love all the brothers; I mean who wouldn't like to be surrounded by a bunch of insanely hot, buff alpha guys?

But see here is where I tell you what I didn't like about the book...it kinda weirds me out that these guys who are so old in years and experience are looking at these 16-18 year old girls in such a way as to secret them off to their mountain. I understand that the guys themselves are suppose to be 18, but they don't keep a mentality of a teenager for over a thousand years, do they? I guess that's why I don't read a lot of YA books, I just can't imagine being a teenager for eternity. 

No comments: